Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goal Number 8: Successfully transfer to a college where I feel comfortable - Complete!

Today when I got home from work, there was a big white envelope addressed to me from Emmanuel College in Boston.

My heart started racing.

My palms started sweating.

I started screaming to my boyfriend, who was outside working on his car. "Ben! Ben! Ben! I got a letter! It's thin, that's supposed to be a bad sign. OMG OMG OMG OMG."

He climbed out of the back of his car (where he had just finished ripping up all the carpet) and looked at me freaking out with a curious expression. "Open it."

So I did.

The first thing I saw was "This is your place. Welcome." written on the front of a folder. This wasn't enough for me to believe I was in. Inside the folder was an letter congratulating me (!!!!!!!!). I'm in! I'm into my dream school!

I'll be honest. I began to cried as I was jumping around, screaming for joy. Ben hugged me and jumped with me and congratulated me, and tonight we went out with our friend, Ethan, to celebrate. Tomorrow night I'm celebrating with my best friend.

I still cannot believe it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Steph! And an envelope's thickness is not necessarily a bad sign, hehe... it's when the envelope is thin AND small when it's a bad sign! CONGRATS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete