Monday, September 28, 2009

Week One: Ready, Set, Go!

Why only two hundred goals? Why not three hundred sixty-five? Make us want to read your blog, damnit!

Look at the scale of some of these goals. Number three, for example, take a cross country road trip. Can I really do that in a day? No! Luckily, some of these other goals are incorportated in it. See Ellis Island and Ground Zero, for example. Number 24, run a half mile. I have no time to do that one day and teach my sister to surf (goal number twenty-two) the next.
Point: 365 goals cannot be completed in 365 days.

This week, I plan to commit to doing three goals:
Goal Number 57: Join a gym.
I'm seriously lacking in the fitness area, and I want to get better. Give me an iPod, a treadmill, an eliptical machine, and a bottle of water and I could very well be a happy girl. I'm not disiplined enough to go on a diet, so I might as well get off my butt and run. Plus, I get nice looks when I'm fit. You know what I'm talking about.

Goal Number 80: Open a savings account.
The benefits of starting to save early on are tremendous. In ten years, I could have over ten grand. Who doesn't want ten grand to fall back on? Plus, with compound interest and what not, by the time I'm at retirement age, I will have a nice little cushion of money when my income gets slashed to bits. Who could complain?

Goal Number 27: Send my friends a care package at college.
Okay, so friends is going to have to be friend, since the only one who needs a care package is Alli. I love Alli and I miss her terribly, and she would appreciate a care package full of candy, cookies, love and condoms the most. The condoms are, of course, a joke, since Alli is a virgin yet still the only person I know who's comfortable to talk about sex with strangers.

Hopefully, by the end of this week, I'll be well on my way to starting this list. You should have seen me last night, two goals away from having it done. My boyfriend, Ben, was next to me watching Pawn Stars on The History Channel, his dad was hootin' and hollerin' about God only knows what, and I just couldn't pay attention to my list. But I finished it, and I'm so ready to begin my year.

Here goes nothing, everyone. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Everybody needs goals! Just be realistic about meeting 'em and you'll get 'em done! Nice post.
    Thanks for commenting at my place-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boyfriend's dad sounds like a hillbilly!

    ReplyDelete