Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goal Number 27: Send Friends A Care Package - Completed!

I went shopping today before my doctor's appointment, and after wandering around Shaw's for fifteen minutes, I finally settled on four little things to send Alli while she's away at URI.



A Hershey bar, cookies and popcorn. Some little things that she could easily get on her own, but since they're from me, they'll be special-er. The chocolate because it cures any Boy Blues, the cookies and popcorn because it's great.

I'm going to physically send it tomorrow, as by the time I have to go out (as gas is so precious), the post office will be closed.

I just have to write her a little note, and I'll be all set!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet! I remember when I was in college, I used to love getting things in the mail! Well, you know, things that weren't bills. I'm sure she'll be really surprised and happy! I mean, who DOESN'T love chocolate and Teddy Grahams?!

    What state are you in? I went to school in Boston and used to love shopping at Shaw's and Trader Joe's! There aren't any down here in Texas. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a native Cape Codder, but I'm moving to Boston in a year! What school in Boston did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I'm jealous! I went to Boston University, and I miss the city so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I want to transfer to BU so badly! I'm torn between there and Emmanuel, but what will make my decision for me is financial aid, probably. Did you like it there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BU definitely was an experience. I had transferred there from my hometown university, and loved it. The whole not having a designated school campus thing took some getting used to, but I did have a really great time! (BU's campus is stretched along a huge, bustling street instead of being a typical closed-in campus)

    ReplyDelete