Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goals Numbered 4, 44, 61, 62, 87, 135, 158, 159 - All Completed!

Goal Number 4: Swim with dolphins. - Completed!
It cost my dad three hundred smackaroos for my sister and I to swim with dolphins. Being the great man that he is, he sprung for the expensive one. The one where it was more than just hanging out, the one where we actually got to hold on to them and have a belly ride. It was sweet! We went to Dolphinaris in Cozumel, Mexico, and basically got right in with them. We spent about an hour swimming with a female dolpin named Olympia, and we got the pet her, hug her, kiss her, and hold onto her fins and was dragged across the pool. I would definately do it again, and I was so excited to share it with my sister. Muh sista muh best friiiiiend.

Goal Number 44: Swim in clear blue water. - Completed!
So it wasn't technically at a beach, but! The dolphin home was connected through a gate contraption that was part of the ocean, so if you ask me and my sister, it counts. They certainly weren't living like those poor dolphin souls at Sea World.

Goal Number 61: Do something epic for my birthday. - Completed!
I turned nineteen on December 30, 2009. I hung out with my boyfriend, my sister, and my friends Adam and Ethan. We went to eat at Red Robin and I let them drive my car. We then went to my friend Sam's house because she had just gotten back from Colorado. I had a really good time, and it was certainly better than a lot of birthdays I've had.

Goal Number 62: Spend New Years with my friends. - Completed!
Ben, Ethan and I decided that spending New Years together was better than spending it alone, or at a party with a ton of drunk people we didn't know. So we rented a scary movie, turned out all the lights and attempted to get scared. Paranormal Activity scared ME, but apparently they weren't fooled. (Sure Ben, sure.) :)

Goal Number 87: Act like the rich bitches my sister and I aren't on our cruise. - Completed!
My sister and I went around that whole week saying 'I don't like the vibe in the VIP' every time someone gave us attitude about the stuff we paid extra for. We weren't total mean girls (I doubt we have it in us) but we did get a little snooty. I think my dad was the worst, though. I think he had his nose the highest.

Goal Number 135: Have a dance party with my sister - Completed!
First night, before we even left port: Out of our excitement, we found the channel on the TV with all the music video. The Offspring's 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid' was on. Our dad and grandmother were standing outside on the balcony. We closed the curtains and turned up the volume and danced around the room like crazy people. I was proud of her for knowing the words.

Goal Number 158: Finish painting my room - Completed!
Well technically my mom completed it. But it was done! My room went from being half blue, half green to being one hundred percent green. It looks amazing; it's super bright and comforting.

Finally, Goal Number 159: Have a real bed again - Completed!
Another surprise! I have a real bed! What was once just a box spring and matress on the floor is now a real day bed, with white iron and everything.

4 comments:

  1. Yea! It must feel so good to check off all those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha amazingly good. I finally feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh, I can't believe I missed revisiting your blog once I finally came back to blog-land. No more, for I am here! Haha! It's good to see that you've accomplished so many more of your goals now. And swimming with dolphins? That's amazing! I am crazy jealous, since dolphins are one of my favorite animals (they're right behind killerwhales for me!). And what shade of green is your room? I had a friend growing up who painted her entire room LIME GREEN. I felt like I needed to wear sunglasses to be in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killer whales are my favorite animal, too! My room is kind of bright, but not lime green. Not even close. It's more like a baby green. :)

    ReplyDelete