Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Goal Number 51: Drive to Vermont - Completed!

Yum yum maple candy, yum yum maple syrup, yum yum maple butter and yum yum maple jimmies. Bad, bad Stephanie for spending $130 in one day.

It was totally worth it.

On Monday after my last class, Ben and I booked it to Caffe e Dolci to pick up my check. We went to the bank, got directions and lectures from Ben's dad about going at a time that was inconvient for him to tag along, and finally, finally, finally I was behind the wheel of my beautiful car on the highway.

Ben fell asleep right after we made it through the Sagamore traffic. Which was fine by me, I got to turn up Miley Cyrus without worrying whether he cared or not (he insists he doesn't, but I'm sure Party In The USA gets annoying the fourth time a Nirvana fan hears it).

Ben continued to sleep as I drove through the beautiful city of Boston. No, really, people might laugh at that, but I LOVE Boston. The moment I pass exit 17 in Braintree and I'm able to see jets in the air, I get all happy and feel like I'm home. I can't wait to call the city of Boston home.

As soon as I got onto I-93, though, heavy traffic. I hate the word congested to describe traffic, but that's what it was. Under the tunnel and over the Tobin Bridge and I was home free. I woke Ben up for his turn to drive as soon as we made it into New Hampshire.

He drove through the mountains and I just lost myself in the scenery. We crossed the Vermont border and in no time at all, it seemed, we were getting lost in the small town of Quechee. Eventually, we found the little shop, which was just closing up.

They let us in, thank God, and we got our stuff. I spent fifty bucks on maple crap, but it's going to be worth it. I'll make it worth it. We literally stayed in Vermont for a half hour, but I completed my goal. So there.

No, it was a lot of fun. I love spending time with my love.

My last class was cancelled today and the weather sucks, so I'll probably go to JoAnn fabrics and get some fleece to start a blanket. It's the perfect cold, windy, gross day for a new fleece blanket.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, road trips can be so much fun! How long did it take you in all? Driving from city to city in Texas alone takes HOURS. This state is just too damn big!

    And who would rag on you for loving Boston?! I love it too! And everyone I've talked to also share this love for Beantown. I can't wait to go back for a visit someday, although I'll be sure to skip all the nasty cold weather months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Kelinda: It took about nine hours to drive there and back. Not too shabby.

    Kathy: Oh, it was so much fun! Sorry we couldn't find your candy. :(

    ReplyDelete