Thursday, November 12, 2009

Goal Number 121+122: Copy and Duplicate my Mom's Cranberry Bread Recipe - Completed!

Yesterday, Ben and I had nothing to do. It was absolutely wonderful. We slept in until about 11:30 (without getting woken up by his brother and his brother's girlfried, who are loud and frankly, quite rude when you ask them to be quiet) because I had felt sick the night before and didn't want to move from my couch to his bed 2.5 miles away. My couch to my bed was a nice 30 feet.

So we went to the super market and got all the ingrediants we needed for peanut butter and jelly cookies, and cranberry bread!

Here, for your cooking pleasure, is my mother's famous recipe for cranberry bread. Drumroll, please!:

You'll need
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tbs butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional, and my sister and I always opt out)
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

And you'll need to
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat together the orange juice and butter.
3. Add sugar and mix, then add cranberries and walnuts.
4. In seperate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Stir flour/salt/baking soda mixture into the liquid mixture and mix together with a spoon.
6. Spoon into buttered 9x5 bread pan.
7. Bake for one hour.

And finally, enjoy!



Here is the cranberry bread, located next to our delicious peanut butter and jelly cookies. Yesterday was just a wonderful day for baking, it was cloudy and windy and just a good day to stay inside.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, those look delicious! I'll be saving this recipe for a possible Thanksgiving appearance.

    PS. I hate getting woken up by rude people! Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *knew* there was supposed to be nuts in that bread!

    amy kelinda: the bread was delicious! You have to make it, it was very moist for a quick bread, but *I* recommend putting in the nuts!

    ReplyDelete