Monday, November 9, 2009

Week Seven: I finally took a day off for myself.

You heard right! Tomorrow, Tuesday, I will not have to work or go to school. Plus, Benji works from nine in the morning to nine at night, so I will have all the freedom in the world. Watch me crinkle my nose, though, at what I need to get acomplished during these precious few hours.

1. Write a persuasive speech on a topic I have yet to choose.
2. Write a 8-10 page paper on my grandmother's life.
3. Research and put together a presentation on depression. Luckily, this project involves three other people, so the thirty minute presentation doesn't fall entirely on my shoulders.
4. Complete a take-home exam for US History.

I'm not exactly worried about all this. Since unofficially dropping out of my math class (I'm still enrolled but since the looming F seems to be getting closer) the stress is almost gone. I'm able to focus more clearly on the three classes I'm doing well in-and my goal is to continue doing so incredibly well so my GPA doesn't blow up in my transferring face. I want O-U-T.

Anyway, this week's goals!

Goal Number 112: Whiten My Teeth.
The other night, my mom called me into her room. She asked if I had been brushing my teeth. After I was done whining (MOOOO-OOOOOM) I told her that yes, I have been brushing my teeth two, if not three times daily. She asked how much coffee I have been drinking, and for a stressed out college student, it isn't much. She asked if I were smoking, to which I laughed and replied with an honest no. I hate the smell. So she suggested I invest in whitening my teeth, because her teeth have always been on the yellow side, too. And anyway, who doesn't want a bedazzling smile?

Goal Number 121+122 (another one? Woah.): Get and Copy my Mom's Recipe for Cranberry Bread.
My favorite thing about the Thanksgiving season is my mom's cranberry bread. She bakes loaves of it every year, and I just can't get enough. Unhealthy and terrible dieting as it is, I could sit there and eat an entire loaf. It's that good.

Plus, I found another typo. It seems as though I really wanted that vintage dress-I put it twice on my list, once at 99 and once at 170. As a result, I'm moving one of my replacement goals up to the 170 spot. Hasta la vista!

I have another hour for break and then psych later this afternoon. I'll be catching up on blogs at some point tomorrow during my day of working almost exclusively at my laptop!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, cranberry bread. That sounds delish! Good luck with the teeth whitening! I've only ever done it with those Crest White Strips (which worked surprisingly well for me), but I had some friends who did it at the dental office. Two complained that it was super painful, the other didn't. Hopefully for you, it'll be pain-free and wonderful! Remember to not go overboard with the whitening, ala Ross from that Friends episode where he whitens his teeth so much that they glow in black light, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ross episode is hysterical! I remember seeing it for the first time. Ben does have a black light, so watch out!

    I hope we get some bread! It would be very good after the walk with some hot chocolate...

    It does not sound like you are having a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am halfway done with my speech (so far, two pages long) and a quarter way done with my test (so far, three). Being an overachiever is certainly coming around to stab me in the back!

    I think I might bake some bread tonight. I'll need it after today.

    And as for the teeth whitening, I've heard that going to the dentist and getting it done isn't reccomended unless you're a heavy smoker or drink a million cups of coffee. Plus, I hate the smell the dentist always leaves me with, hah! I'm hoping that the white strips work well for me, as they are my only hope.

    ReplyDelete